Pages

Wednesday 9 February 2011

Angel With Black Wings


by Lyrico Jae on Saturday, 04 December 2010 at 14:51
You lie to yourself
When you say that your love for me is genuine
This face I wear is a mask
I’m not revealing my true self to you
In fact I’ve always lied to you

You fell in love with my pretty face
Because I pretended to be an Angel
But the black wings protrude from my back
And the blood rushes with it
You’ll think I’m ugly when you realize this

How can you love this image of me?
On the cover of the magazine I look like a Saint to you-don’t I?
I look like a beautiful doll
That you can take off the shelf and dress up
I’m none of those things
You don’t know the real me

How can you say you love me?

You fell in love with the what if of me
I’m no Hero
I won’t protect you from the nightmares while you sleep
I could be evil?
Would you love me, if I weren’t so pretty?
If I were in fact a monster
When I become ugly
Will you still harbor these feelings for me?

You’re in love with a dream
· · Share

No comments:

Post a Comment